Sunday, February 15, 2009
I missed my kid brother Jerry. He is so nice that in the last mass for him before his burial at OLA, the church was full of people who bid godbye to him. He has a lot of friends all over Marikina.
In his short life on earth, at 45, Jerry has the habit of making things light and funny that you will forget your problems and worries. Mayor Marides Fernando has a funny anecdote about Jerry. M.C.F. Basketball Team was organized by Jerry to jump start the campaign of then young housewife Marides Fernando. When she was invited by Jerry in the opening ceremony, she asked Jerry whats the meaning of M.C.F. Jerry, whose real name is Mariano Cerbito Dulay said: "Mam, ang ibig sabihin nyan eh Mariano Cerbito Foundation so hindi ka maaakusahan ng early campaigning."
Jerry would gamble so hard in some lamays. Minsan napataob nya yung bangka and got all the money in the table. To the surprise of everyone, he donated all the money to the relative of the dead. Jerry can not sing. Sintonado sya. But one day he was singing Bee Gee's "Dont Forget to Remember Me", and told me: "Kuya, kinanta ni BF to sa RiverBank kagabi, kaya ko rin pala."
His appearance is ironic - macho, may bigote - pero I realized just now that all his life, he has my mother with him. Just when I though na ako ang mama's boy. Lahat ng pamangkin nyang may problema,he will shelter them at his house and send them to school.Yes, at the time of his death, he was sending 5 of them to schools. Akala ko ako yung pinaka mabait sa angkan...si Jerry pala.
Jerry is an accounting graduate of one of the best universities in the country. He could have been a bank executive or a finance guy of a multinational company in Makati..but he decided to stay in the place where we grew up..as a KB chairman, Barangay Kagawad and Barangay Administrator. He love Marikina Heights and its people so much that he stayed by her through thick and thin.
I have been a veteran of national presidential campaigns - Erap and Roco. But one day, Jerry told me:"Kuya, si BF, dapat patakbuhin natin presidente...buyuin natin"..it turned out na the clamor for BF to run for president is already snowballing all over the country but that turned out to be the first salvo of my campaign works for Bayani Fernando for president (although I was also one of the campaign staff when BF first run for Mayor in 1988 based in Calumpang Market with Kap. Harry Singh as the Campaign Manager)
The last time Jerry visited me in my house in San Roque was one lazy Saturday a week before he died. We are about to take our lunch..he ate a lot..adobo..chicken..etc. While eating , he told my college daughter Lenlen, "Inaanak, pag nag asawa ka, dapat di ka maloloko ng asawa mo ha..dapat alam mong manghuli ha". We all laugh of his "advise". Then he told my only son Esdee, "Oh Esdee, dapat magaling kang mambabae ha..." . It was an unusually happy lunch..very unexpected. Now I realized it was his "huling habilin" to the my children.
Sana panaginip lang ito and one day I will wake up with Jerry still with us.....
Jerry, si Kuya Tutoy mo to.....bakit ka masyadong nagmamadali..we love you..we need you round here...
PASASALAMAT SA LAHAT NG MGA NAKIRAMAY:
In behalf of the Family of Kagawad Jerry Dulay, Angkan ng Dulay sa Lambak ng Marikina and all descendants of David Dula y Goiti, we wish to thank our friends and relatives who shared with our bereavement on the last days of Kagawad Jerry Dulay with us:
1. Mayor Marides Carlos Fernando for being the first one to extend Bayani Fernando and her family's condolences to our Clan, sent flowers, attended the wakes, sent some logistical supports and bus for the burial.
2. Vice Mayor Marion S.Andres,M.D.,for coordinating a "special - size" coffin and for being with the clan in the wake and in the burial.
3.Msgr. Mariano T. Balbago,Parish Administrator and First Rector of the Shrine,
Diocesan Shrine of Maria, Inang Mapag – ampon ng Marikina,J.P. Rizal St., Sta. Elena, Marikina City,for the Special Mass he personally presided and for the "special- size" burial place at the Shrine Cemetery.
4. Councilors Efren De Guzman and Boy Ponce for initiating a resolution signed by the City Council led by Acting Presiding Officer Councilor Boy Bolok Santos and city council Secretary Lolita E. de Leon expressing condolences to to our bereaved clan.
5. Kap. Edwin Adigue and his family for being on top of the situation for all the needed coordinations. Dr. Fabian Cadiz for a very nice history of Dulay Clan during the last testimonials to Jerry, and for being a kind source of strength for the clan way back in their college days.
6. SK Chairman John Po and his parents and his kagawads, for being with us on those bereavement days. Kagawads Letlet Adigue, Bobby Herrera,Weng Weng Cubarrubias, Martin Tindoc, Boy Reinoso,
7. Kap. Harry Singh, Kap. Tess Daza and Kap. Rudy Francisco for their show of sympathy and concerns, and ready presence and condolences.Kap. Apin de Guzman,Heidi Palanca of Legaspi City's Cherryland ,Ben Bautista,Vic and Fe Bago,Rep. Del. De Guzman,Julie Borje,Mary Justo, Duffie, Rep. Emil Ong, Onding Derpo, Charit Estanislao, Neya Cruz, Lydia de Guzman, Rep. Ome Candazo, Col. Alex Tuprio,Pastor Joey Casas, Boy Cruz, Reggie Pascual,Johnny Cunanan, Fiscal Eddie Guardiano, Judge Garalza,Councilors Tambuli, Ferdie Marco, Donn Favis, Bong Ubaldo, Boggs Reyes,Larry Punzalan, Pag – Ibig President Miro Quimbo, Dr. Tonette Corral,Atty. Cudiamat, Albert Cruz, Joe Balete,
8. Marist PTA, Knights of Columbus Marist Council and Concepcion Council, Alumni of the Ponciano Bernando High School, Asian Institute of Management, Marco Riders, Marikina Heights barangay Employees and Kagawads, Guardian members, friends from the Partido ng Masang Pilipino, Barangay Tanods,pamilya nga mga kasamahan ng tatay namin sa Francisco Cacho and Co., Inc. - the developers of Conceocion Dos and part of Concepcion Uno, Parang and Marikina Heights, Del de Guzman Riders, Marikina Heights Riders Club, Magnificat Parish, What The Bible Says Ministry, Magnificat Choir, St. Gabriel Parish, MSAT Batch 78, Neighbors of I. Mendoza St. in San Roque., FEU students, Neighbors from Friendly Village, NAJAMS, supports from different barangays in Marikina, Couples for Christ, friends from Bicol Visaya Atbp, Inc., St. Camillus Cursillista Group, FEU Faculty Club, Marikina Police, doctoral students of UP Public Administration, neighbors from Marikina Heights, Lupon of Marikina Heights, City Hall Employees, friends from Aksyon Democratiko, Guardiano family of the Iglesia ni Cristo, some members of the UP Vanguard,
9. For all the clan members and relatives from Tondo, Candawid, Cavite, Bulacan, Pasig, Cainta, San Mateo, Quezon City, and Marikina. Mga kababata at mga kabarkada namin.
10. Those who offered prayers, flowers, songs, masses, AV presentations, mass cards,offered cars, and supports.
11. All other friends and neighbors, and relatives who attended the lamay and filled the OLA Shrine during the last mass ..salamat, salamat po.
Republika ng Pilipinas
SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD NG MARIKINA
RESOLUSYON Blg. 020
Serye ng Taong 2009
RESOLUSYON NA NAGPAPAHAYAG NG PAKIKIRAMAY SA MGA NAULILA NI BARANGAY KAGAWAD MARIANO "JERRY" DULAY NG BARANGAY MARIKINA HEIGHTS, LUNGSOD NG MARIKINA.
Introduced by: Councilor EFREN S.DE GUZMAN
and Councilor ROBERTO C.PONCE
Co- sponsored by: Vice Mayor MARION S.ANDRES, M.D.
Councilor FRANKIE C.AYUSON
Councilor SERAFIN Y. BERNARDINO
Councilor LEANOR F.CARLOS
Councilor ANNA B. DAYAO
Councilor DONN CARLO B. FAVIS
Councilor SAMUEL S.FERRIOL
Councilor HILARIO A. PUNZALAN
Councilor WILFRED S. REYES
Councilor VICTORIANO A.SABINIANO
Councilor PONCIANITO E.SANTOS,JR.
Councilor THADDEUS ANTONIO M.SANTOS
Councilor PONCIANO T.UBALDO,JR.
Councilor FELIPE C.URRUTIA
SAPAGKAT, si Kagawad Mariano "Jerry" Dulay ay naglingkod sa sa Barangay Marikina Heights bilang Barangay Kagawad mula taong 1994 hanggang sa sya ay pumanaw noong ika-29 ng Enero, 2009;
SAPAGKAT, si Kagawad Dulay ay maaalala ng kanyang mga kamag-anak, kaibigan, kasamahan sa serbisyo publiko dahil sa kanyang mga nagawa sa kanyang panunungkulan bilang Barangay Kagawad;
SAPAGKAT, ang pagkamatay ni Kaqawad Dulay aybisang malaking kawalan sa maraming taong naging bahagi ng kanyang buhay;
NGAYON AT SA KADAHILANAN NG LAHAT DITO AY NASASAAD, PINAGPASIYAHAN AT SA PAMAMAGITAN NITO AY PINAGPAPASIYAHAN ng SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD ng MARIKINA na sa kapulungan ay nabubuo, na magpahayag ng ng pakikiramay sa mga naulila ni Barangay Kagawad Mariano "Jerry" Dulay ng Barangay Marikina Heights, Lungsod ng Marikina.
PINAGPAPASIYAHAN PA RIN, na pagkakalooban ng sipi ng Resolusyong ito ang pamilya ni Kagawad Dulay para sa kanilang kaalaman.
PINAGTIBAY ng SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD ng MARIKINA, ngayong ika -4 ng Pebrero,taong 2009.
Pinatunayang ang Resolutiong ito ay ipinasa sa ika - 5 na Pangkaraniwang Sesyon ng Sangguniang Panlungsod ng Marikina ngayong ika - 4 ng Pebrero, 2009.
LOLITA E.DE LEON
City Council Secretary
ATTESTED AND CERTIFIED TO BE DULY APPROVED:
THADDEUS ANTONIO M.SANTOS, JR.
President Pro-Tempore/Acting Presiding Officer